General Services for Businesses

Year end accounts
Accounts are prepared from your accounting records in accordance with accounting standards and not only show the results for a financial year but also form the basis of information included in self assessment tax returns for sole traders, partners and limited companies. It is therefore essential that the accounts are prepared in good time to allow you to budget for future tax liabilities. Your accounts can also be required in connection with mortgage applications or business loans.

Partnership or Company Tax Returns
Businesses that operate as a partnership, including limited liability partnership (LLP), or a limited company are required to submit a tax return each year. For companies, this includes a computation of corporation tax payable and electronic submission of all relevant paperwork in the format required by HM Revenue & Customs. Our software allows us to carry out what can be a complicated set of submissions.

VAT Returns
Businesses may be required to be registered for value added tax (VAT) or may choose to do so voluntarily. We can advise on all aspects of VAT and can prepare and submit your returns on your behalf.

If you already have employees or are considering employing someone for the first time, we can advise on your obligations as an employer. Employers have responsibilities to ensure employee payments are made after the correct deduction of tax and national insurance contribtions and, since the introduction of Real Time Information (RTI), must also make sure payments are reported properly and at the right time to HM Revenue & Customs.

Good bookkeeping procedures are an important part of any business, no matter how big or small the business may be, for accounts and VAT return purposes. We can advise on the best bookkeeping systems or we can do it for you, leaving you free to get concentrate on your business.

General Services for Individuals

Self Assessment Tax Returns
If you are in business as a sole trader, partner or company director then you will need to complete a personal self assessment tax return each year. Other individuals may also need to file a return. We can complete and file the return on your behalf and advise on payments or repayments due.

Rental Property Accounts
If you have a property from which you receive a rental income, you will be required to make a return via self assessment to HM Revenue & Customs. We can get you registered, complete and submit the return on your behalf.


Contact Us

For a free initial consultation, get in touch with us to arrange
an appointment to discuss your personal or business requirements.

Call us :
01665 606130
email us :

Visit us :
Smiths Accountants & Tax Advisers
5A Linnet Court
Cawledge Business Park
NE66 2GD